Saturday morning Kyle ran into our bedroom panicked that he couldn't breathe. During the night he had come down with croup...Fun! Fun! To add to that, Kyle has had extremely large tonsils for the past year. So big that when the ENT saw them she couldn't believe that he doesn't choke on his food or have sleep apnea. (The doctors haven't removed his tonsils because they are not infected...just gigantic!) Anyway, when he said he couldn't breathe ,I wasn't sure if it was his tonsils or the croup. Chris, of course, was gone playing flag football. Why am I always by myself in a crisis? :) I got Kyle, told the kids I had to go to urgent care and to watch t.v. until I got back. I arrived at urgent care as soon as it opened and told immediately that it was a three hour wait. What?! Of course, while we were waiting there he began feeling better. He was junpimng from chairs, singing, and not acting like a child who couldn't breathe. This was definitely a waste of my time...so, I went home. Skip now to Saturday evening. We put the kids to bed and about 2 hours later Kyle comes downstairs panicked that he can't breathe. Not again. So, we did what any good parents are suppose to do. We bundled him up and took him outside in the cold air. After sitting outside with him for an hour or so, we decided to take him to the emergency room. We were dreading going to the e.r. knowing that we would be sitting there for hours. Ha! To our surprise, there was not wait. They took him right away. After checking him out they decided to give him a steroid shot. The very nice nurse told Kyle that he had to give him a shot and then would give him a surprise. How fun. Kyle immediately asked if it was a sucker. After the shot the nurse handed him a stuffed animal. Not only was it 1:00am, but it was not the sucker he was waiting for. Kyle then preceded to yell at the nurse, "I want a sucker!" and threw the dog at him. The very nice nurse said he didn't have a sucker but could get him a Popsicle. We said that would be great and off he went to get the Popsicle. He quickly returned with a sucker that someone had found and offered it to Kyle...isn't that what he had wanted? No, now he yelled, "I want a Popsicle!" and threw the sucker down. What a sweet boy. At that point we decided to just exit the building as quickly as possible. Chris and I were ready to crash when we got home...but not Kyle. He stayed up the majority of the night. He watched movies, wanted to play basketball outside, and was ready for breakfast. It was a LONG night. Even though, we still love him.
2 comments:
Ahh... that story makes me miss kyle! Love you guys! Elise
That's because you did not have to stay up with him all night! ;)
Post a Comment