Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Simple Pleasures


Mother's Day




There's nothing better then going out with the girls and getting a pedicure. On Saturday, three of my friends and I went to a cute little salon called Mosaic and got pedicures just in time for Mother's Day. It was so great to sit and chat with them. We were there for two hours and easily filled up the entire time chatting away!

After our feet had been nicely scrubbed, massaged, and painted, we went to the greatest bistro for lunch. It is my new favorite place! It is called Picabu Bistro. It is this cute, quaint place. The people were very friendly, the service good, and the food tasted awesome. I loved it so much that Chris and I have already been back and enjoyed every little morsel we ate! This neighborhood bistro has been open for three years and, in my opinion, worth trying.


Saturday evening, Chris and I went out on a date... have I mentioned how liberating it is to have a inset babysitter?! It is completely life changing. I have been so surprised how well they all do together. There is, of course, fighting while we are gone...but, then that wouldn't be a real family would it? I also find it reassuring to know that they can call us for any little problem, and believe me....they do! We have had to get to the point of telling them, "Do not call us again unless one of you is on FIRE!"

Sunday morning was wonderful. Chris and the kids let me sleep in, which is such a luxury! I wish I had taken a picture of my cute little kids bringing me breakfast in bed. They all came in shouting, "Happy Mother's Day!" and trying to help carry the breakfast tray. They were all so proud of themselves. They made me the best breakfast, which happens to be my favorite. I had homemade crepes filled with strawberries, bananas, and mandarin oranges, topped off with a little whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate. Yum! Yum! It sounds more like dessert, which it probably is, but it hit the spot perfectly! Along with my breakfast the kids had all made me little gifts and made cards. So sweet! Thanks guys for the gifts and a perfect day! I love you and am so blessed!!!

2 comments:

The Reading Armadillo said...

That sounds like such a fun and luxurious mother's day!

Chase and Elise said...

Hi sis.. Happy late mothers day! Just wanted to let you know that ive updated my blog :) Love ya