Disclaimer: Oh, I am so annoyed. I wrote a long and descriptive post of my week at my parent's house. It took me a good hour to complete. As I was going to spell check it, my computer blitzed and I lost EVERYTHING! Now, I am too frustrated to rewrite everything, so here is the very short versions:
This summer, I decided to take my kids to Tri-Cities for a week of swimming at my parent's house instead of paying for swim lessons. I know that it's the practice rather than the lessons that makes the difference. I hate having to pay $50 per child for lessons that accumulate up to only 4 hours of swimming. Instead, they got a good 25 to 30 hours of swimming in my parent's pool. They had so much fun diving and playing around in the water. They especially loved swimming with cousins and friends.
Kyle did so well. He is tall enough to cruise around the shallow end of the pool all by himself...pure heaven! He jumps into the water, dunks himself and flails violently around, and comes up believing he is swimming. Of course, his thrashing in the water get him nowhere, but at least he is in the water without blood curdling screams of sheer panic. Swimming this year was absolutely blissful! Oh, how I love the sun and the pool!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment