Thursday, February 5, 2009

HELP!!!!

Recently I was asked to be the Stake Girls Camp Assistant Director. My main responsibility with this is to be a "certification specialist". Basically, I am responsible for organizing the camp certification, creating a schedule for this to do done (either before or during camp), and everything that goes along with this. To be honest, I am not even sure what that all is at this point. So, I'm looking for any suggestions as to how you have seen camp run, certification activities and games, and anything that can get my creative juices flowing. Any and all suggestion are appreciated! THANKS!!!

4 comments:

Tobler Bunch said...

I have no idea about this subject, but I know that there is a lot of grea stuff on the world wide web. Sugardoodle.net is a good one!

Kristin said...

Oh Valynn!! I am no help. But I will pray for you!! ;)

Joe and Amy said...

Good luck Valynn! A camp calling would be the worst calling for me. I certified for camp every year, but only went one year. My mom was even YW president all those year's I skipped out, not sure how that happened.

Catherine said...

My best advice would be to put your junior leaders in charge of different certification levels. Ask them. Choose a set amount of girls and put them in charge of certifying the 1st years ( another group do the 2nd years, etc..) Have them look through the camp manual and ask them what they need to teach the girls that stuff. I would find a certified nurse to teach the CPR stuff (just because that is sooo important) some years this was taught at a pre-camp so that certification time could be spent elsewhere actually at camp. Does any of that make sense? As for a schedule ask for a couple hours a day for the junior leaders to teach each level the knots, shelters, and plant info that needs to be taught. I would break the two hours into two different sessions a day. don't forget that the hike is part of certification also! Hope that helps!