I have fallen off the blogging wagon. I have had many opportunities this month of taking pictures and posting them, but haven't. I could say that it is because I have been busy with Cub Scouts, or that potty training a puppy is consuming my days, or it's because I was just called as Assistant Camp Director and am overwhelmed, but the truth is that I just haven't felt like it.
So, in order to fill you in on some of the Holland happenings this month here is a list of things:
1. Kaitlyn's piano recital. She did a great job!
2. Celebrating Kaitlyn's 11th birthday. We have a tradition that even numbered birthdays are celebrated with a big party and friends, and odd numbered are celebrated with the family and a dinner out (their pick) with just Mom and Dad. This year, Kaitlyn wanted to see High School Musical 3. So, we ran and got a bite to eat at Qdoba and then it was off for the movie. Of course, she loved the movie!
3. More snow and school continuing to be canceled.
4. Multiple visits to the vet for shots.
5. Donuts with Dad at the school. The kids look forward to this day each year. We don't see many dads around the school during the day, so it is great having so many of them there all at once. They ate donuts, juice, and fruit and played the Wii.. What school day could get better then that? :)
6. Playing Pinochle with friends....best game EVER!!!
7. Attending a Japanese cooking class. It was SOOO good! Yum, yum. A couple from our ward taught the class and did a great job. The recipes were easy and tasted great. My kids would even love it all. All the recipes are a must try.
8. Basketball practice for Tyler! He has been waiting for this day to come for four months now. He is beyond excited that this day has arrived. It is cute watching these 2nd graders dribble up and down the court, pass to each other, and attempt lay ins. Tyler's coaches wanted to play a little scrimmage, so he divided them up, told one side they were the "shirts " and the others were the "skins". Tyler was on the team assigned to be the "skins" and was not going to have any of that. Tyler acted as if that shirt was glued onto him. Shy of ripping it off his body, there wasn't anything we could say or do to convince him that it was ok. Chris and I kept telling him to just rip it off. The coach, other parents, and teammates also tried....no luck. I guess Tyler doesn't give into peer pressure...now if we can just keep that going through the teen years, we will be set. :)
Overall, we have had a busy month. I hope to be more dedicated to updating my blog regularly this coming month. Wish me luck!
4 comments:
Wow! You have been busy!! Can't wait to chat with you in person and get all the scoop on what's going on. I am laughing over your "modest" boy. You've gotta love that!!
Man, your life is busier than mine! Now that's BAD!! you've got to teach me pinocle (and how to spell it). Everyone at work plays it and loves it. Nick says he saw Tyler at b-ball practice. it will be fun to play each other!
haha, first Tyler followed peer pressure and told you that you should probably worry and now he doesnt give in! I love that kid :) Glad Kaitlyn did good, when is her next one? Love you guys!
That was all well said. A lot can happen in a month, especially with kids...Kaitlyn is 11 already? Oh, my goodness she is growing up so fast.
Post a Comment