Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Countdown!

The countdown has begun this week for Kaitlyn and my trip to California. We are both very excited. Kaitlyn has been keeping a countdown in her room and is beginning to get very anxious over the anticipation of it all. However, before we can relax by the pool, sipping our virgin margaritas, I have a list of things to do:

Tuesday
9am - go to the school and collect names for volunteers at the carnival
11am- meet Karyn at Costco for shopping for the Etiquette Dinner
1pm- begin carnival volunteer list
4pm - piano
6pm- make something for dinner...any ideas out there? :)
7pm- meet Carrie at her house to make last minute calls for the carnival
9pm- make final carnival volunteering duties
Wednesday
9am- make all the meat dishes for the Etiquette Dinner ( how did I get stuck making it all?)
noon- ...still making the dishes for the Etiquette Dinner
3:30- decorate the Stake Center for the Etiquette Dinner
6pm - Etiquette Dinner ( hopefully I have gotten ready by now)
Thursday
9:30 am- take Kyle to speech
11am- grocery shopping
2pm- fix last minute carnival disasters
4pm- clean my house ( wash floors, vacuum, dishes, laundry)
7pm- scrapbooking at my house..this I am looking forward to!
Friday
9am- school for carnival set-up
11am- pick up Kyle and head back to the school
3pm- take kids home and head back to the school...again.
5:30pm- the carnival begins!!! yikes.
9:30pm- clean up the carnival
11pm- pack for California
Saturday
Yeah...we made it through the week! Now.....WE FLY TO CALIFORNIA!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Holy Moly!! Sounds like you will be super busy...but secretly I think you thrive on it!! :) Like I always tell you...you should run a corporation!!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip with Kaitlyn. Fun fun!!

What meat dishes do you have to make?

Carolyn said...

Just think how relaxed you'll be Saturday on the plane! I can't wait to hear all about the trip.

p.s. Let's play Pinochle!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading this! You are going to love CA! I can't wait to hear how fun it is and how the boys all do without you :)

Lara said...

Crazy week!

Hope California was fun!!!!