Thank goodness it has stopped snowing here! I don't think I can handle one more flake of snow...it is insane. I have never seen this much snow in my life. I know that a couple of weeks ago I blogged about the snow and the amount that we had....oh, if I had only known what was to come. I had written that church was cancelled, which it was..along with the entire next week of school!!!! AHH! We were completely homebound. I tried a couple of times to get out of the driveway and was immediately either stuck or high centered in all of the snow. On Friday, I was on the edge of a meltdown. So, I bundled the kids up in all their snow gear, got out the sled and took off down the street for the store. I was determined to get out of the house! We went with some friends that live around the corner from us and had a fun time. The kids loved walking down the snow covered streets and throwing snow at eachother. The tricky part was crossing Regal (a main road) with eight kids, two adults, two sleds, and enough winter gear to weight down a plane. I am sure that we were quite the sight as we were stopping traffic to get across the street.
Here are a few more pictures of the snow and the week that we had. The kids had so much fun digging forts and sledding in the backyard.
The kids were such good helpers shoveling the snow. They even went and helped the neighbors! Good job Jamen and Kaitlyn. You guys are good examples of serving your fellow men.
Goodbye neighbors...we will see you in the Spring!
The past week has been pretty good since we can get out and drive places. However, I think my safety is in question. I was rear ended by a giant 4-wheel drive truck, I slide out onto a main road and about got hit, and we hit a giant pothole which forced a belt to come off in the engine of the van. Okay Spokane, we have a serious road problem when potholes are causing belt to fly off of vehicles. Let's just say I AM READY FOR SOME WARM AND SAFER WEATHER! At which point did my beautiful winter become not such a wonderland?!
3 comments:
NO WAY!! I can't believe you got HIT! Now we're twins. Is everyone okay? Kyle's pic in the sled is a classic & I love the comment seeing the nieghbors in Spring :)
That is so crazy! I can't believe all of that snow! I think it snowed about an inch in the three years we were there! I guess we left just in time -- though I am still praying we can go back someday!!! Boise had a snow day too. It snowed about 3 inches (or so) and everything was crazy! I am still just amazed by all of the snow pictures from Spokane! It is going to be a slushy, wet Spring!! Yikes!
Snow is a four letter word as far as I'm concerned!!!! Can't wait for warmer weather. Did you hear me screaming when it started snowing again the other night?!
How is your car? How scary!!! I hate driving around in this stuff.
Post a Comment