We had our ward Trunk or Treat party on Thursday, so the kids were happy to have two full evenings of trick or treating. They got loads of candy.... My brother is going to be getting a lot of candy in his care packages for the next few months! :)
Halloween evening was relaxed this year and I enjoyed it. We went to a few houses to see friends, and then through a small neighborhood. While we were trick or treating, a fire truck arrived. For those that do not live around here, the firemen go around in fire trucks and hand out candy to the kids...my kids love it. Anyway, the truck pulled up and the firemen got out to give us some candy. As we were standing there, one of the firemen said, "Hello Kyle." Chris' first thought was, "Oh, no. How and why does the fire department know Kyle. What has he done?" It turned out that he was one of Kyle's preschool teachers last year, so it was fun for Kyle to see him as a fireman. We joke that everyone knows Kyle because he is such a friendly little guy. He will talk to anyone if given the chance, so it was funny to have someone from a fire truck pick him from out of the crowd and know him...maybe our joke about everyone knowing him is more accurate than we realized!
After we were done trick or treating, we came home, checked out the gobs of candy, and watched a movie as a family. Who could ask for a better evening then that?
5 comments:
I agree. maybe it was the weather, but this Halloween was so good for us too! Your costumes are really great.
The kids looked super cute!! Missed you at our trunk-or-treat though. :(
Sounds like a great Halloween! I love the picture of Kyle sketching out his pumpking face, he looks so serious!
I love Kyles concentration while hes doing his pumpkin! Its a Kodak moment!
Valynn! Hey! How are you? Amy Edwards found me on facebook and she gave me your blog address. If you e-mail me I'll give you my blog address. allisonlhall@comcast.net. Anyway, your family is gorgeous! Your kids look so much like you! It's really fun to see little mini-versions of you! I'm sorry I've been like the worst correspondent, but I'd love to chat and catch up a little! Hopefully, I'll hear from you soon! Good luck with all you do! Happy thanksgiving!
Allison LeDuc Hall
Post a Comment