Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving

I guess it is about time that I post some pictures from our trip to the Tri-Cities for Thanksgiving. We had planned to leave Tuesday afternoon as soon as the kids got out of school at 1pm. The van was packed and ready as we picked up the kids so that we could get on the road ASAP! Ha, ha to planning. As we were driving down the hill, I took one bite of a piece of candy Chris had handed me and lo and behold....my crown from a root canal 10 years ago fell into my hand. I immediately instructed that the car be turned around and driven to the dentist. Don't teeth problems always seem to happen at the most inconvenient times? Besides, do you know how hard it is to get my kids situated in the car before a road trip? Poor Chris had to deal with the anxious kids while the dentist office tried to squeeze me in for an appointment. The dentist was able to put the crown back on temporarily and we were on our way within a hour....thank you Dr. Kohls! The bummer though was that evening at dinner it fell off again. I felt a little "back country" eating Thanksgiving dinner with a giant gap in my teeth.....I'm just glad that it was a molar and not a front tooth!

We had a delicious Thanksgiving meal with my family on Wednesday evening because my sister, Crystal, and her fiance, Matt, had to fly out of Spokane on Thanksgiving. It was great having two days of Thanksgiving and eating! :) The night was filled with laughter, reminiscing about the good ol' days, and just plain fun.


My two cute grandmas

We had a good laugh watching these two trying to work a cell phone! :)

This was for a Christmas package to my brother, Mike, on his mission.

Bill, David and Chris...the brothers!

Then, on Thursday, we had Thanksgiving with Chris' family. His mom had just bought a Wii, so everyone had fun playing the Wii games all afternoon. It was good to see Chris' brother, Bill, and his family and David, who lives in CA. Jamen and Kaitlyn had a sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa Holland's house and stayed up to the wee hours of the morning....pour David was kicked out onto the couch since Kaitlyn made claims on his bed. She's a lucky girl to have such a nice uncle! Kaitlyn adores her Uncle David!


While we were in town, I saw the movies, "Twilight" and "Australia". I would have to say that I am a fan of the Twilight series and enjoyed reading them, but the movie didn't do much for me. I came out feeling like it was low budget and that the attraction between Bella and Edward was never really there. The movie moved way too quickly and there were things that were never explained. Since I know what to expect now, maybe I would enjoy it more the second time. As for the movie "Australia".....I LOVED IT!!!!! It was so good. I could watch that movie over and over. Besides, you can't go wrong watching Hugh Jackman! :) I would recommend this movie to everyone. I loved the history, setting, story and absolutely everything about it. I felt it was clean with very little language, which is a gem these days.

All in all, we had a great time visiting family, relaxing, playing games, eating, watching movies, eating more and shopping. Thanks everyone for a great Thanksgiving! We love you all.


The boys!

1 comment:

bowman family said...

Did you get your crown fixed yet? How bad was the bill?