Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Crazy Days

I know that I am behind on posting pictures from Christmas. I didn't even get a Christmas letter sent out this year...sorry to all those wondering where their letter is. Now, you ask why am I so behind? This is why....


SNOW!!!!

We have over 6 1/2 feet of snow on the ground. I have never seen so much snow in my entire life. We have been shoveling snow, multiple times a day, for an entire month! Chris had to get up on the roof a couple of weeks ago and clear off the FEET of snow that had accumulated up there. Spokane is even making national news and Good Morning America. You know it's bad when you see your street on Good Morning America!


I am so ready for my kids to go back to school. They have been home for far too long now. My kids are officially bored and ready to see their friends. Not only are we stuck at home, but I am becoming nervous to even go shopping of fear that a roof with collapse on me. Spokane has had over forty buildings collapse due to the heavy snow load.

Thankfully, it has warmed up and the snow is beginning to melt. I went outside and snapped a few pictures before it melts even more to show what we are dealing with in our front yard. Good luck having the kids romp in the snow....it's is nearly to their heads.


This picture doesn't look like there is that much snow, but trust me, there is!


Now....the other reason I have been preoccupied. We are proud to announce the newest member of our family....



Her name is Aja, pronounced like Asia. The kids heard this name a while ago and came up with the spelling too. She is a ten week old Shima, which is a Shih Tzu and Maltese mix.


Isn't she the cutest little fur ball that you have ever seen?


Here is a little info. on Shimas:

"The Shima has been being bred for about nine years now. This mix makes for a wonderful companion dog. They are lively and playful, charming and affectionate. They love attention from everyone! Shimas are very sociable and enjoy children and are Loyal companions with .These wonderful little dogs are small. You get the best of both breeds in the Shima. We are finding that this breed is in lots of the other states also.They are great for couples who love to travel, family's with children, or the individual that just wants to have a buddy sit and watchtvsturdy , smart , loyal and don't shed, what more could anyone want in a FOUR LEGGED FRIEND!!"

Aja has been a lot of fun. The kids absolutely love her. As for me, I love her more some days than others. My love for her depends on how many messes she has made on my carpet and how much whining she did through the night. On Sunday, I wasseriously asking, "What have we done? we are stupid, stupid." It was a bad day. At church, I told Chris that I was about to bare my testimony about puppies. If you ever are feeling that motherhood is difficult, that your children don't listen to you....get a puppy. Your children will quickly seem like angels. They understand English. They don't poo all over the floor (hopefully), and they sleep through the night. Aja whined all night on Saturday. I would take her out to potty and she would do nothing. I woke up to take her out at 4:30 am to find that she had pee and poo everywhere! So, at 4:30am I was bathing a puppy, washing her bedding, and scrubbing her crate with disinfectant. We got it all cleaned up in time for church at 9am. We went to church, came home and found that she had pee and poo once again ALL OVER her crate! I think that Aja too was traumatized, because she has been great since Sunday. She does still have accidents, but will go to the bathroom when we take her out...and she is sleeping through the night in her crate without whining or pooing everywhere. Yeah!!! I am loving her much more the past couple of days. She is lucky she is so darn cute!!! :)


As for Christmas, we went to Tri-Cities . Here are a few pictures from our time with family.


The Tri-Cities rarely gets this much snow, so it was fun having a white Christmas.





Kyle was extremely happy to get the only present that he wished for....a skateboard. I will let everyone know how long it takes for the first broken bone. :)




Happy New Year! I hope to update more frequently this year, so we will see what happens.

4 comments:

Mikaela said...

Wow, I saw SPokane on the news yesterday morning, and I was so happy to NOT be there! Love the new puppy...we had a shitzu, and they are tough to potty train. My sister had a maltese, and she got her crate trained within a few months, and she was great...I'm sure Aja will catch on soon. She is adorable!

Stacia said...

That puppy is adorable! I had my puppy days in 2007 and blogged about how it was like I imagine a newborn, except at least with babies you have a diaper on them! If you ever want any advice about raising a puppy I read several books and you can ask me questions and I might be able to help.

That is a LOT of snow, we got some as you saw when you were in town, but nothing over 2 feet!

And I also have a Christmas card I wanted to send to you, but I realized I don't have your phone or address! Can you send it to me please? I will be able to sleep better when I get the last of these cards sent off! :)

staciadawn@gmail.com

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

I can't believe you never told me you got a puppy!!! He is darling. But the 4:30am part would be tough. Wow, your kids must be loving him, though. Fun winter diversion!!

peterandholly said...

Your new addition is adorable!!! How fun! (Although we remember all to well the many messes!) Glad you guys had a good Christmas. It was great to see you at Thanksgiving!