Sunday, May 23, 2010

Performance

Piano Recitals. There are nothing like them. You can see the nerves of the children's faces, feel the nervous energy around the room, and see anxious parents awaiting their child's performance. As a child, I remember being so nervous during a piano recital that I actually played the entire song in the wrong key...and couldn't figure out why it sounded so horrible. It was like listening to nails on a chalkboard. It was painful. With that said though, there is something endearing to see a child concentrating on playing a piece with the mistakes and all.

On Saturday, Kaitlyn had her Spring Piano Recital. She had two songs to play and I think she did pretty well. Her first song was 'The Can Can' and her second was 'Don't Stop Believin' ' by Journey. I wasn't sure if she was going to be able to pull them off but she did. She said she was so nervous she couldn't keep her feet and hands from shaking...even more impressive that she was able to play her songs. We are proud of your dedication to piano and how much you have learned in just a couple of years. Great job Kaitlyn!

I think Kaitlyn is excited to take a little break from piano for the summer, but will be back at it in the Fall. I look forward to what she will have for us at her next recital!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Impressive!!! Go Kaitlyn!!!

andrea said...

Cute! She did great. I was very impressed by all our kids.

kathy said...

It's so great you can put this on the blog. Wish I could be there for all the little moments! Love you all.

Kristin said...

Wow!! I am loving all your posts. Great writing. Kaitlyn did do a great job. Congratulations Kyle. Such cute kids!! Keep up the blogging. I love it.