As a child, I loved the Christmas season. I enjoyed going to the Christmas Tree lot to pick out our tree, sledding at my Grandma Wilson's, having no school for weeks on end, counting the number of presents I had, building snowmen, and drinking hot chocolate whenever I wanted. Now I am a grown-up! I have to get the tree up. I have to go into the cold so my kids can sled. (I don't know about you, but as I have gotten older, I can't handle the cold like I once used to). I have to entertain my kids for weeks on end while they have no school. I have to wrap all those presents my kids are collecting and counting. I have to make 4 cups hot chocolate for 4 freezing, little bodies. Even though things have changed for me, I still love it all. I enjoy hearing all the Christmas music playing in the stores, people wishing one another well, seeing all the lights up on houses, and feeling the joy that's in the air! My goal is to get all my shopping done earlier than I normally do so that I can just sit back, relax, and enjoy this time of year. Happy Holidays!
2 comments:
ha, ha, isn't that the truth!! I LOVE hot chocolate, but I've started not mentioning it anymore, because I get so sick of it spilling all over the microwave and finding the cups all over the house. And sledding is like swinging. it was so fun as a kid, but now even the baby hill makes me kind of nauseous! I'm already a cranky old person!!
I'm with you on trying to get things done early so I can sit back and enjoy the season. Wish me luck!!
Post a Comment