Monday, November 26, 2007

THANKSGIVING



It is always so much fun to go home and see our families for the holidays. We had two great meals (one with each family), laughter, fun, and moments to remember. Thanksgiving is just the best! I have always looked forward to the awesome food...Grandma's rolls and Mom's Yam Balls...yum! yum! There is no other holiday like Thanksgiving where we sit around eating enormous amounts of food and just visit with each other. While I was growing up, Thanksgiving was the holiday when my cousins would come and visit and we would play games all afternoon and have such a good time together. I am so thankful that our children are able to make those same memories as they play and visit with their cousins.






As Friday came around, Chris was too sore from playing in the annual Turkey Bowl and I was too stuffed from the TWO meals we had to go and do any shopping. Instead, we lounged around and got ready to go on a outing with Chris' family. We went on the Polar Express in Hood River, OR. The kids had a lot of fun! We boarded the train from this cute little station, which was packed with other excited families. And when I say packed...I mean PACKED! Once we boarded the train, they served us hot cocoa and cookies, the conductor came by and punched our ticket, they read "The Polar Express", sang Christmas carols with the elves, and stopped at the North Pole. Santa came by and talked to each child and then gave them a bell. It was pretty cute. It was definately one of those things that our kids will alwasy remember.

2 comments:

bowman family said...

You forgot to mention kyle's "accident" :)Just kidding! I don't want to remember it either.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

You have to tell us about the accident now! I wondered how the train ride was. Sounds so fun! We should have come with you.