Our kids said that this year was quote, "Going to be the worst Easter EVER!". I think this is stemming from the fact that we got snow Friday and Saturday and it is now officially Spring. My kids are beginning to claw at the windows just waiting to see a glimpse of sunlight. The cold weather and snow has lost its appeal with them. However, I think that they all had a good Easter weekend. 

Saturday evening I had a Relief Society activity, so Chris dyed eggs with the kids...thanks honey! I think that they all had a fun time. Jamen felt he was a little too old to join everyone on this activity, so he watched the basketball games on t.v. Tyler and Kyle simply lost interest after the first egg, so Kaitlyn ended up doing it all by herself! It was a dream come true for her to not have to share with any siblings. She did a fantastic job with all the decorating. She did stripes and tye-dye.
The kids all stayed up quite late on Saturday, so they were a little sluggish Easter morning. There was a definite lack of energy and excitement for the first ten minutes, but the chaos did eventually break out. Hence, the reason we have very few pictures of Easter.
Kyle is on a sugar-free diet to see if it helps him with his concentration and ability to focus. I was really impressed with the selection of sugar-free candy that some store have..and it tastes good too. I found Reese's peanut butter cups and Hershey's chocolate covered caramels. Yum, Yum! I am so glad that I found stuff that he could have.
After the kids went through their baskets, they went on a egg hunt. All I can say about that is, watch out or you will get run over! We had hid eggs throughout the entire house. They were in drawers, shoes, closets, the kitchen pantry and every other place you can think of. They had such a good time even though it was indoors.
After church, we had my sister, Kimberly, and her family over for dinner. We had a delicious ham, funeral potatoes, green beans, green salad, rolls and pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. It hit the spot!...it's a good thing Chris and I just joined a gym!!! We had a enjoyable evening talking and spending time together as a family. It is going to be so sad when Kimberly and Mason move. All in all, I think it was great Easter.
2 comments:
I knew we had chemistry between us! Ham and funeral potatoes at our house too! Love a good holiday dinner. Glad you found great stuff for the EAster baskets. You are quite a resourceful mom to make Easter a great holiday even without sugar.
Looks like a fun Easter -- even though you had to talk in Sacrament! :-) I'm sure it was great!
p.s. My grandma LOVES that sugar-free candy. She always has bags of it around her house.
Post a Comment