
If you are looking for a good Broadway show to see, you have got to check out Mamma Mia! Chris and I went last night and loved it!!! As soon as it started we knew that we were going to enjoy ourselves. It has a entertaining story line that will make you laugh. All of the music is by ABBA and you will find yourself singing along at times....at least we did.
The premise of the show is about a young lady, Sophie, who is about to be married. She has never known who her father is, but after doing some sneaky investigative work through her mom's journal, narrows it down to three men. Sophie invites these men to her wedding, without her mother's knowledge, so that she can find out who her father is. The show is about the complexity of relationships and the drama that we create. If you are easily offended, there were just a couple of crude parts, but in my opinion, nothing compared to some of the shows we have seen.
One of the reasons we liked it so much, is that it is easy to follow. Sometimes when I am watching a show I find myself being distracted (in a good way), by all the dancing and choreography, that I forget to listen to the songs to follow the storyline. Not so with Mamma Mia. Mamma Mia had a lot more dialect in it then most show we have seen. The cast was incredibly talented, and their singing and dancing was fantastic. If you enjoy Broadway shows, this is a must see! We loved it and would definitely see it again!
4 comments:
We lOVED this show and were on our feet by the end singing and dancing away!!! It is definitely a must see. Glad to got to enjoy it. ABBA alwyas brings back good memories from Jr. high. :)
That is so EXCITING you were able to see MAMA MIA! I got the soundtrack for my B-day, because my mom absolutely LOVED the musical. I love dancing & being crazy to all the fun songs - Elly can even sing a little bit :)
Thanks for the great review. It's one that I think looks really fun to see.
Amy Sampson got to go too. She also loved it! I'm so glad that you had such a fantastic time : )
E
Post a Comment