Sunday, January 27, 2008

Buried Alive!

We have had a beautiful winter this year with all of the snow that Spokane has received. We broke a record in December for the most snow days that they have seen in about 45 years. In December, it snowed 18 out of the 31 days. As for inch accumulation, this is the most they have seen since 1993. It has been absolutely gorgeous. Since it is snowing so frequently, we haven't really gotten too many of those dirty and ugly days where all the snow is covered with the dirt and sand from the snow trucks. (note: this might have something to do with the fact that Spokane doesn't plow the roads and put down sand! This is an ongoing bewilderment that many of us residents have.) Yesterday was no exception to the all the beautiful snow. It snowed most of the day. Last night, when Chris and I shoveled the driveway there was about 4 inches. Then we woke us this morning to this!

We had to shovel another 6 inches. By the time we were done shoveling one side of the driveway, the ground was completely covered where we had begun. Wow! Oh, and now I just received a phone call that church has been canceled due to the accumulation of snow! That has got to say something. Here are a few pictures we took this morning!










2 comments:

Crump Family said...

Hey Valyn-It's nice to see that I'm not the only one blogging instead of church today!

The Reading Armadillo said...

I can't believe all that snow. That's one thing about Spokane that I don't miss! We got a lot too, but at least the roads get cleaned up pretty quickly. Good luck!