Friday, January 25, 2008

The Yucks!

WHEN IS THE COLD AND FLU SEASON GOING TO PASS? Kyle got sick with a horrible cough when we went to Tri-Cities for Christmas and is still fighting it. It seems to come and go every couple of days. I will think he is doing better and than BAM! there it is again. The poor little guy could barely sleep last night while he was coughing up his lungs. I don't know what to do for him. Do I give him cough medicine even though we are now suddenly being told to not give children under the age of six any cold medicine? And then, to add to it all, Tyler got sick on Tuesday. I had taken Kaitlyn to piano when I received a frantic call from Jamen telling me that Tyler had thrown-up everywhere. I love you Tyler, but why can't children make it to the bathroom? Can they truly not tell that their tummies are upset? Cleaning up Tyler's mess was one fun treat. It was all over the couch, pillows, ottoman, and carpet. Luckily he only threw up once, but laid around the house for a couple of days. Tyler thought it was quite the treat playing hooky from school. I guess now it is Kaitlyn's turn. She began coughing yesterday. It is a sure sign that my kids aren't feeling well when they suddenly take a nap at 4pm or are even just curled up with a blanket laying on the floor. I am definitely ready for Spring. I feel the need to open up our windows and let some fresh, clean, and germ free air in! Too bad it's 18 degrees outside. Oh, Spring where are you?! I miss you.

2 comments:

Jayni and Jake said...

Not fun!!! I feel like a paranoid mom when I go to the grocery store & wipe down the ENTIRE perimeter of the shopping cart. Though we still caught some yuckies. Poor Tyler & VALYNN. At least we haven't had that yet....cross our fingers.

Lara said...

Yuck! I hope all of you get well soon. I hate having sick kids!!!!

Let spring begin soon!!!!!